Wastewater treatment is a very important process for one simple fact: water is not a renewable resource. Not only does recycling wastewater ensure that we conserve potable water, it also allows us to have a resource to use in our homes and offices. Consider the following facts about how much water we use worldwide:
- It takes 100,000 gallons to manufacture a single automobile.
- In order to make one gallon of milk, a cow must drink four gallons of water.
- It takes 50 gallons of water to grow enough oranges to produce a single glass of orange juice.
- 122 gallons of water are required to produce a single loaf of bread.
- The production of one pound of beef requires about 225 gallons of water.
- Over 42,000 gallons of water are needed to grow and prepare the food for a typical Thanksgiving dinner for eight. This is enough water to fill a 30’ by 50’ swimming pool.
- It takes between ten and fifteen gallons of water to wash the dishes by hand.
- Washing a load of clothes uses about 50 gallons of water.
That’s a lot of water! Wastewater treatment facilities are absolutely vital to the normal functioning of our society. If you’re interested in how ChemCal can help your facility better manage wastewater, contact us today.